Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) is registered as one of the official HSK test centres in the UK. We offer students the opportunity to sit a series of different exams including the HSK exam, the HSKK exam and the YCT exam.
HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test)
HSK (Hanyu shuiping kaoshi) is an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency, assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives. HSK consists of six levels, namely HSK (level I), HSK (level II), HSK (level III), HSK (level IV), HSK (level V), and HSK (level VI).
HSKK (Speaking Test)
HSKK (Hanyu shuiping kaoshi kouyu) assesses the test takers’ oral Chinese abilities. HSKK consists of three levels, HSKK (Primary level), HSKK (Intermediate level) and HSKK (Advanced level). HSKK is conducted in the form of audio recording.
YCT (Chinese Proficiency Test for Children)
YCT (Youth Chinese Test) is an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency, assesses the primary and secondary school students' abilities to use Chinese as second language in their daily and academic lives. YCT is divided into writing and speaking tests, which are independent to each other. The writing test consists of four levels, namely, YCT (level I), YCT (level II), YCT (level III), and YCT (level IV). The speaking test consists of two levels, YCT Speaking (Primary Level) and YCT Speaking (Intermediate Level).
Points to Note
- Registration closes 30 days prior to the exam.
- After registration closes candidates cannot request a refund or change the date of their exam
- We only offer the paper-based test.
- The examination date, time and location which is stated on the online registration system and Attendance certificate is usually incorrect. For the correct details, please see the information in ‘HSK and HSKK exam dates’ and 'YCT Exam Dates'. CITCM will email you approximately 1 week after the registration deadline to confirm the location and time of the exam, and a second reminder for the location and time of the exam will be sent in the exam week. If you are not sure about the correct date please contact us as soon as possible.
- The exam result will be available online 30-31 days after the exam date, you may check the result online by inputting your name and admission ticket number. The paper certificate may be collected from Caxton House approximately 45 days after the exam date (please wait to receive our email confirming that it is ready for collection).