At CITCM we run a teaching clinic both for individuals who are new to Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture and for experienced practitioners and healthcare professionals.
We offer flexible delivery models depending on need and size of group. Courses are available on an individual (one-to-one) basis, or in small groups.
To apply for a course, or to discuss a course in more detail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7815 7265.
Certificate in Acupuncture
Our 120-hour Certificate in Acupuncture course is intended to give a grounding in the fundamental theory and practice of acupuncture. The course introduces participants to key techniques in examination, diagnosis and treatment; within the practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine, which aims to treat the whole person rather than only their symptoms. Clinical placement is undertaken at our Chinese Medicine Clinic under the supervision of our fully qualified and accredited clinical supervisors at the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine. The course is available on an individual (one-to-one) basis, or in small groups.
The Certificate in Acupuncture covers the following topics:
- Foundation and Diagnosis of Chinese Medicine
- Meridians and Acupoints
- Needling Techniques, Moxibustion and Cupping
- Clinical Treatment of Acupuncture
- Basic Tuina Manipulations
- Clinical Placement and Practice
- Review and exam
Who is this course for?
This course welcomes applications from individuals with a variety of backgrounds and interests, including:
- Existing healthcare professionals such as GPs, nurses, physiotherapists, osteopaths and other HPC professionals who are interested in learning how acupuncture skills and knowledge can complement their professional practice
- Complementary health practitioners looking to learn new skills and knowledge
- People who are potentially interested in training to be an Acupuncture Therapist
- Those with an interest in Traditional Chinese Medicine (it is not necessary to want to practice)
No prior knowledge of Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupunture or health care qualifications are needed for this course.
Duration and course dates
This is a 120-hour course, which is usually delivered 4 hours per week over a 30-week period. Start dates and course delivery times are flexible and will be agreed to suit your needs and those of the clinic. The course is run all year round.
The course fee is £2,880. Additional clinical placement sessions at our clinic can be arranged at a cost of £100 per day or £50 per half-day. The course is delivered through one-to-one or small group sessions, with group learning qualifying for discounted course fees. We offer different payment plans to suit your needs. Please enquire for details.
We offer several short courses that provide a deep understanding of conditions that are commonly seen in clinic and how they can be effectively treated with acupuncture. Courses are available on an individual (one-to-one) basis, or can be taken in small groups.
Short courses on offer
We offer the following short courses:
- Acupuncture for Migraine
- Acupuncture for Neck Pain and Lower Back Pain
- Acupuncture for Insomnia
- Acupuncture for Depression
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acupuncture for Infertility
- Acupuncture for Hives (Urticaria)
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus
- Acupuncture for Facial Paralysis
- Acupuncture for Stroke Rehabilitation
Who are these courses for?
Our short courses welcome applications from experienced practitioners who are already practicing acupuncture and are interested in furthering their knowledge on specific topics.
Duration and course dates
Each short course takes 2 hours to complete. Course delivery dates are flexible and will be agreed to suit your needs and those of the clinic. Short courses are run all year round.
The fee for each short course is £50. Each short course is delivered through one-to-one or small group sessions, with group learning qualifying for discounted course fees. Please enquire for details.
COVID-19 and Course Delivery
Courses will be delivered in line with current COVID-19 government regulations and London South Bank University guidelines. Course delivery may be undertaken online when necessary. In these instances, face-to-face training and clinical placements will resume as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.