Summer in China
Looking for an exciting way to spend your summer whilst enhancing your CV? Look no further! Every summer CITCM hosts a two week ‘Summer in China’ study trip and provides generous subsidies for all students who attend.
The trip is based in two Chinese cities (Harbin and Beijing). Whilst staying in these cities you will have the opportunity to attend mandarin lessons, explore areas of historic interest and gain a greater feel for contemporary Chinese culture. This is an opportunity not to miss!
Application is as easy as 1,2,3...
1. Complete a Mandarin Course with us (only 30 hours for level 1)
2. Pass the HSK exam (a simple exam taken at the end of your Mandarin course)
3. Send us a copy of your application form and passport
Details of Subsidies
CITCM offers generous subsidies which will cover the majority of basic and moderate costs of the participants’ stay in China.
- 3 meals a day
- Language classes at one of our partner universities
- Culture experiences
- Entry fees to officially designated sites
- Organised intramural transport
- Organised train journey(s) between Harbin and Beijing
Costs for Participants
Participants will be required to cover the following costs independently.
- Pre-departure Mandarin Course at LSBU
- HSK exam fee
- Visa application fees
- International return flight ticket (approximately £550-£950)
Applicants must meet the following simple criteria;
- Be a registered university student
- Complete one of our Mandarin courses (the beginner course is only 30 hours and can be started in either October, January or April)
- Have passed an HSK exam at our test centre (this is a very simple exam which students can take at the end of their Mandarin course)
Depending on the number of applications received, there may be a selection process based on the HSK exam results.
Testimonials and Case Studys
"The advice I would give other students is - join the Mandarin classes and come to China, it is an unforgettable experience!" (Yessica Lerma)
"Summer in China was an amazing experience! I gained a good understanding of Chinese culture and language which, as a law graduate, could help to open many doors within the legal field" (Caroline Agyemang).
"The Summer in China Trip was amazing and completely exceeded my expectations. What at first was a random decision to embark upon the HSK course, later turned into some of the most memorable moments in my life!" (Simranjit Singh Digpal)
"Highlights of the trip included learning about Beijing and Harbin. The most valuable aspect of the trip was learning Mandarin in China and being able to practice it with native speakers" (Claire Taylor).
"The experience was amazing. My expectations were surpassed" (Ronny Cruz).
"I wanted to travel in China, meet local students and visit some of China's tourist attractions. Having the opportunity to meet the local students in China was amazing! Going to the Great Wall was also fantastic! (Mohammed Juber Ahmed).
"Participating in this trip will help to enhance my employability because it broadened my way of thinking, improved my communication skills and helped my confidence" (Aaliya Ali).
"My highlights included climbing the Great Wall of China, bargaining in the markets in Beijing, interacting with the locals and getting to know the students and staff at Heilongjiang University for TCM. I thoroughly enjoyed learning taichi fan and using nun-chucks! I've met and made amazing new friends! (Joan Mwangi-Smith).