HSK Language Courses and Exams
CITCM offers high quality Mandarin Courses designed to help individuals pass the internationally recognised HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) and HSKK (Hanyu Shuiping Kouyu Kaoshi) exams.
The HSK exam assesses the Chinese language proficiency of non-native speakers from beginner to advanced level (divided into levels 1-6). As you progress through the levels, a variety of fantastic opportunities will become available to you, including the ‘Summer in China’ study trip and the Confucius Institute Scholarship.
The HSKK exam focuses entirely on the candidates oral proficiency (divided into beginner, intermediate and advanced levels) and is a prerequisite for any individual hoping to participate in the Confucius Institute Scholarship.
In addition to these well structured group classes, we also offer one to one tuition.
Start building your future - book your course today.
HSK Language Course
Timetable and Prices
Please click here to view the Mandarin Course timetables and prices.
To register for a Mandarin Course please follow the steps listed below.
- Pay the course fee by visiting our online shop. If you would like to discuss alternative payment methods please contact us.
- Forward the payment confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state your full name, phone number, LSBU student number (if you have one), level and group. Please state your first and second choice of group so that we can accommodate you if your first choice is unavailable.
Terms and Conditions
If you choose to participate in a Mandarin course you are agreeing to the Course Regulations set out by CITCM.
HSK and HSKK Exams
Dates and Prices
Please click here to view the HSK and HSKK exam dates and prices.
- Register online (for detailed instructions on how to complete the registration form please click here).
- Pay the exam fee by visiting our online shop.
- Email email@example.com the payment receipt and the registration document.
Points to Note
- Registration closes 30 days prior to the exam.
- We only offer the paper based test.
- The examination date, time and location which is stated on the online registration system and Attendance certificate is usually incorrect. For the correct details, please see the information in ‘HSK and HSKK exam dates’. CITCM will email you approximately 2 weeks after the registration deadline to confirm the location and time of the exam. If you are not sure about the correct date please contact us as soon as possible.
Content and Resources
During the course you will examine common words and grammatical structures that are applicable in both everyday and professional situations. By the end of your course you can expect to have covered the following;
Level 1 (150 characters) On passing the exam, you’ll understand and use simple Chinese phrases and meet basic communication needs.
Level 2 (300 characters) You’ll be deal with simple tasks, requiring direct exchanges of information, on familiar and routine matters.
Level 3 (600 characters) You’ll communicate in basic Chinese and be able to talk about your daily, academic and professional life, including when travelling in China.
Level 4 (1,200 characters) Communicating fluently with native Chinese speakers, you’ll have conversations in Chinese on a wide range of topics.
Level 5 (2,500 characters) You’ll read Chinese newspapers and magazines, enjoy films and plays and give a full-length speech.
Level 6 (over 5,000 characters) You’ll easily comprehend written and spoken information in Chinese and express yourself effectively orally and on paper.
You can visit the official Chinese Test website to download HSK vocabulary lists and mock tests.
1-2-1 Mandarin Classes
In addition to group courses we offer one to one tuition for individuals looking for greater flexibility or focus.
Your teacher will design unique lessons to meet your needs and requirements, the course content can focus on anything from exam preparation to survival Chinese or business Chinese (intermediate and above). The time of your class will also be very flexible and can be discussed directly with the teacher.